1. WHAT IS A MARKETPLACE TEAM?
Marketplace Teams are a modern day reenactment of how Jesus’ followers obeyed the command to “Go into all the world and preach the Gospel.” The answer to mankind’s needs is for us to show God’s love. Marketplace Teams target a specific area in the marketplace in a well-planned outreach. It is a team effort of several individuals working as one to share personal testimonies in the workplace – businesses, government agencies, hospitals, schools, military bases, community organizations, etc.
We are the men in the Marketplace sharing the love of God through our testimony.
2. HOW DO WE ORGANIZE A MARKETPLACE TEAM?
We meet together in prayer and ask God for a vision for your community, village, town or city and to direct our steps.
Follow the leading of God’s Holy Spirit. Contact men and leaders with previous experience and have been part of a Marketplace Team somewhere.
3. PREPARE THE TERRITORY
Prayer teams must walk or drive around the city and ask God to reveal all demonic obstacles. Your community has spiritual walls surrounding the city and by the power of God, they will fall. Ask God for favor with the citizens and to direct the outreach.
Establish and develop a master plan. Record and identify all opportunities in the area. Pray over all teams involved in the outreach; such as, planners, evangelism team members, schedulers, etc.
4. WHO DO WE WANT TO REACH?
We will want to meet with business owners and their employees, school authorities and students, government leaders and staff, hospital staff and patients, orphanages, prison staff and prisoners.
5. HOW DO WE SETUP MEETINGS?
Ninety percent of the meetings will be setup by telephone. What do we say? Evangelism team members tell business owners that we have answers for improving productivity by solving problems for both employers and employees, students and faculty through testimonies of businessmen. For what problems do we have answers?
We offer a solution to solve problems, such as stealing, tardiness, absenteeism, work ethics, submitting to authority, attitude, improving employee/family relationships, and helping students to achieve academic and personal excellence at no charge.
Since we are businessmen, we have had to deal with these problems ourselves.
6. HOW DO WE RUN A MEETING and HOW MANY PEOPLE DO WE NEED?
• We need 2 people plus an interpreter.
• One person will introduce the team and vision.
• OUR VISION FROM GOD:
Men who are spiritually dead are standing shoulder to shoulder across the globe; they hear and receive the message of hope, and are spiritually resurrected from the dead; filled with God’s Holy Spirit with radiant faces and hands lifted toward heaven praising God.
• One person will present their testimony.
• Ask the audience if they would like to have peace with God.
• Lead in the prayer for salvation and include asking for them to receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
• Pray for the Lord to bless the business and its people.
• Pray for their needs individually.
• Scribe should record names of persons who have made decisions, location of business and phone number.
7. HOW LONG IS A MEETING?
The meeting will last twenty (20) minutes.
• Team Introduction: 2 minutes
• Vision and Purpose: 3 minutes
• OUR VISION FROM GOD: Our mission is based on a vision that God gave to a businessman – a dairy farmer. In that vision, he saw hundreds of despondent men who felt they had no chance of making it in the world. Then they heard a message of hope and came alive! Their heads held high; they were transformed into productive men with dignity and purpose.
• PURPOSE OF OUR FELLOWSHIP is to train and equip businessmen to be better leaders and introduce them to the creator.
• Businesses may require business seminars – 20 minutes (workshops have proved to be beneficial).
• TESTIMONY: 10 minutes (2.5 minutes on what you were like before Christ; 2.5 minutes on your Jesus experience; 5 minutes on your changed life).
• PREPARATION FOR PRAYER: 3 minutes. Example: God still loves you. He never stopped loving you. He loved you so much that He sent His Son Jesus to bring you back to God. All you have do is let Him bring you back to the Father.
WILL YOU PRAY WITH ME?
• PRAYER FOR SALVATION “Lord Jesus… I want to stop trusting in myself… and what I can do… and start trusting in you… and what you have already done… when you died for me on the cross. I know that I am a sinner… and I am sorry for my sins. I ask you to forgive me… and I invite you to come and live inside of me. I want you to be my Savior and Lord… which means being #1 in my life. I want to repent and turn away… from everything you and the Bible call sin… and I totally commit myself…to obeying you… every day, for the rest of my life. Lord Jesus baptize me in your precious Holy Spirit. Thank you Jesus. Amen!”
Now that you have made peace with God, He is ready for you to begin to grow in a personal relationship with Him.
8. DIVINE SPONTANEOUS MARKETPLACE APPOINTMENTS Are non-scheduled appointments setup by God to meet store owners and employees in their place of business? Yes
Example: Good afternoon sir. My name is Douglas and I am from Commerce, Texas. Would it be okay if I prayed a blessing over you and your business? Do you have special prayer needs for your business, employees, family, or friends? Do you have any personal needs I could pray for you? When they confess their need believe by faith that God will meet that need. Could I share with you a two minute personal testimony what God has done in my life? Ask them if they would like to have peace with God in their life? Lead them in the acceptance prayer. Always be respectful and courteous.
9. INVITE THEM TO A MEETING of FULL GOSPEL BUSINESS MEN’S FELLOWSHIP IN AMERICA and PROVIDE INFORMATION FOR FOLLOW-UP:
• Hearing His Voice – PDF fliers
• Chapter Discipleship Seminars
• Three minutes for handouts
Make an investment in your destiny; reach out to others right now.
Let’s talk about it.